Monday, April 30, 2012

I won lunch! And, I'm published!

Dear everyone,

Since I came back to school from spring break, it's been almost a month. And that means there's only one month left! Time is really flying by, and the teachers seem to think that giving more homework is the way it's supposed to be.

So the other week, I fashioned a dress out of some pages of my math book. There was this dance called an "ABC" dance-- which means "Anything But Clothes." Some people wore caution tape, others had on duct tape dresses, etc, etc. It was very 21st century. However, there was a "costume contest," so to speak, and turns out that I won! The prize was two free lunches to the most popular restaurant in town, Cafe Aroma. I'm going to save it for when Amy comes up, which should be soon.

Anyway, the weather is getting warmer every day! It's more than seventy degrees out right now, which is why I'm safely tucked away in my room, writing my novel with my books at my side. And of course, drinking water. I'm sure that it'll be in the eighties before too long. I might actually have to start wearing sunscreen.

I've got a lot of copies of Parallax, which is the school's literary magazine; basically the reason for Publishing class (which I quit; too much for a freshman). I'm published in it, so-- the first thing I've published! Too bad it isn't as good as my other stuff. Well, yeah, I'm going to be sending that out to about a dozen people, give or take. Mostly family-- but if you want a copy, don't hesitate to send me your mailing address! I've got access to a billion of them! callielevan3@gmail.com <== the email I check every four and a half seconds... I think the longest I've gone without checking my email is 14-15 hours, in the past six months. Golly.

So, my lovelies, with that, I must bid you farewell. Homework is a heavy burden! 

With all my lots of much many oodles of love,
Callie

1 comment:

  1. By the hair of your chinny chin chin my little Kalila....you daredevil you....

    ReplyDelete