Friday, January 6, 2012

Holidays

Dear everyone,

Cleveland is cold, that's for sure. I only have one day left here and I'm planning to make the most of it. These three weeks have gone by so fast that I can hardly believe school is starting again soon! Next week's beginning will be hard to adjust to, but I'm just hoping I can make it past the connected flight to Los Angeles.

Things have been pretty mellow for the most part, but I've had my ups and downs. In the beginning, I had to clean-- a lot. There was dust everywhere, and I ended up going to the hospital, but I'm fine now. With the help of microwavable heat, a bit of medicine, and ten gallons of hot tea, I'm ready to fly albeit I might cough a bit.

My laptop, Mackenzie, lost one of his feet before I came back to Cleveland, and I scheduled an appointment at the Apple Store to have him fixed. They said they'd have to order a whole new bottom for the laptop and that it would come in after a few days. I thought that was relatively quick considering the holiday season and packed crowds inside the store. However, just a few days later (on my birthday, actually), they called me and said it was in! The next day I got there and had it fixed after a twenty minute wait at the Genius Bar, which is basically the place where they talk to you and fix stuff. Then another chunk of time flew by with them working on Mackenzie in the back. I watched as people came and went, talking about their technical problems and data errors. It was pretty interesting to watch, but I did feel sorry for a few of them. One guy couldn't put The Sims 3 (a video game) onto his computer because he didn't have a recent enough operating system. Somebody else was being a pain in the butt and kept arguing with the Genius guys. Oh well.

So, I just mentioned my birthday. But even earlier than my birthday was Hanukkah, The Festival of Lights, Holiday Given Fame by Christmas. You know, you light the menorah, or hanukkiah, every night for eight nights and then dish out presents to your family. This year it overlapped Christmas, which I don't think has happened for a couple of years. That was convenient since I came back a few days before it began. Anyway, for Hanukkah last year (hooray!) I got The Sims 3, which is heaven in a disk, a few theater experiences which were exciting to say the least, and some much needed Chapstick.

My birthday brought about fifteen thousand "happy birthdays" on Facebook, and I individually responded to each one. Nice Callie, right? Someday that site will crash and everyone will go bonkers. Maybe that's what the Mayans predicted. Ha-ha.

Well, it's nearly time for my third doctor's appointment in the last three days, so I'm going to have to say goodbye. On Wednesday, I saw the dentist. On Thursday, the eye doctor. Now it's time for that yearly checkup... I'll write again next week!

Everybody, I hope you had a marvelous holiday whatever you may celebrate, and thanks a million for reading through this! Have a great New Year, and stop worrying about the end of the world! :)

Love,
Callie



P.S. Please visit http:lovecallie.com and tell others - THANK YOU!





No comments:

Post a Comment